So you finally found the woman of your dreams and you plan to pop the big question. Now, the next step will be choosing the perfect engagement ring for her!
This ring will be the first thing she sees that will symbolize how much you value her and why you want to spend the rest of your life with her. This engagement ring will be the first physical symbol of your commitment to loving her through thick and thin.
Your bride will cherish this ring for a lifetime, hence the need to be meticulous in choosing just the right one. She will show a ton of people, and will eagerly brag about how you proposed and how you managed to keep your ring shopping process a secret. Make her proud by doing this the right way!
Take time to shop around and see the different styles and options that are available. You can order from an online catalogue, or take the classic way of picking one out at the jewelry store.
No matter how you shop, consider these 5 things when choosing an engagement ring for her:
1. Is it an engagement ring that matches her style? The fact that you plan to marry her should indicate that you understand her and you know her style. This is your gift to her, and you’ll want to pick out something that she will absolutely adore. Pay attention to the things she likes. Try to recall her going crazy over a particular jewelry something that she will be happy to show off to the world.
2. Is the ring suitable for her lifestyle? Before deciding on a ring, you must ensure that it fits her lifestyle. Take into consideration the fact that an engagement ring will be something that she will wear on a regular basis, for many years to come. It shouldn’t be something that becomes an inconvenience. Think about what she does for a living. Is she the type that gets her hands dirty? If yes, then you might want to consider choosing a ring style that is very durable, and where the diamond is less elevated.
3. What is her ring size? What may seem like a small detail can really be of great inconvenience if not handled properly. There are cases when it may be rather difficult to get a ring resized depending on the style, so why not get it right in the first place? Don’t put your bride in a position where she’ll need to give her ring back. You can find out her ring size discreetly without giving away too much. Borrow one of her other rings, or you can solicit help from her mom or her friend to help you find out without causing any suspicion.
4. How much do I have to spend? Purchasing an engagement ring is a big deal. Choose something that fits into your budget. It’s important to impress her, and in most cases you’ll need to save up or charge the expense. Still, be wise in choosing something that you can pay off in a reasonable amount of time, given your income and other expenses. Your bride wouldn’t want you to buy something that you will spend the rest of your life paying for. Try to shop around and listen out for sales. It is possible for you to get an amazing engagement ring for her at a price that suits your budget.
5. Is a protection policy available? Purchasing an engagement ring is kind of like an investment. Taking into consideration the fact that a ring is a small item that can easily get lost, you should research stores that offer protection against loss, theft, or damage. You may need to pay a bit more, but it will benefit you and your future wife in the long run.
Pick the best possible engagement ring for her!
Asking her to marry you is a memory that will be with her for a lifetime. It’s up to you to choose the perfect engagement ring that will add to the magic of the occasion. Do your homework, factor in the preferences of your fiancé, and make a decision that you will feel great about!